Wake Up Somewhere Special
TV with Sky Freesat
Equipment in Old Laundry
TV with Sky Freesat, DVD player, CD player, Wifi, payphone.
Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, cutlery, glass, china, utensils, pots and pans, serving dishing, tea towels.
Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and board, drying rack, clothes pegs.
Duvets, pillows, extra blankets, bed linen, towels, tea towels, bath mats, hairdryers.
Vacuum cleaner, basic cleaning supplies including washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, all purpose cleaner etc.
Woodburning stove and storage heaters.
The Old Laundry
Sleeps 2 Bedrooms 1 Bathrooms 1
"Thank you for another beautiful stay at The Dunalastair Estate. The old laundry where we stayed was fantastic in every way and is a credit to you and your team." Andy - Feb 2016
Guests rave about this hidden gem of a boutique holiday home. They keep telling us the pictures don't show just how spacious it is! We do try! Perfect for honeymoons and wedding anniversaries, this very secluded four-star holiday cottage is ideal if you are looking for a very special romantic hideaway with four-poster bed and boutique style freestanding bath on a plinth with a view, and a wet room with underfloor heating.
A beautiful, luxury holiday home situated a few hundred yards down a private estate road and away from other cottages, it was carefully converted from the estate's Victorian laundry and has huge windows facing west and east with views to the Glencoe hills 25 miles away.
It is very difficult to convey in pictures just how big the cottage is - it is so spacious.
- The huge studio-style living room, measuring 10 metres by 7 metres, has five large windows on the views. The original wooden floor is complemented by attractive rugs and the windows have original shutters.
- A kingsize fourposter bed graces one end of the room with dressing table and chest of drawers/window seat.
- A large bath on a plinth sits in front of one of the long windows where you can have a relaxing soak with a glass of wine and enjoy the view.
- At the other end is a big fireplace with cosy woodburning stove, and grouped around this is a large sofa and chair.
- The spacious kitchen/dining room with three large windows looking west down the glen and north to woods is fully equipped and it has a payphone and wifi. There is a Utility room equipped with washing machine and tumble dryer adjacent.
- The newly renovated wet room is tiled and has underfloor heating. It has shower, WC and basin.
- There is a large separate kitchen with dining table and this room also has lovely views from the three large windows.
- There are lovely places to walk directly from the cottage, it is a 10 minute walk down to the river and you can walk to the hills from here.
- The garden is enclosed so it is suitable for dogs.
It is in a wonderful situation with a lawn surrounding it, and climbing roses, honeysuckle and clematis against the walls and beyond the garden stretch woods and fields. Guests report on all the wildlife they see around the cottage.
A free fishing permit is included so you can fish for trout, in season, or pike on the river and, on Dunalastair Loch (a short distance away by car), where you can fish for trout only. Boat fishing only on the loch. See Fishing for details.
"Once again, a beautiful cottage in a peaceful setting making for a relaxing holiday! Thank you so much!" Sarah and Damian E April 2016
The spacious main room includes the four-poster bed, plinth bath and fireplace with wood burning stove
Cosy log fire to warm your toes after a day's sightseeing
Have a relaxing bath and enjoy a 20-mile view
well equipped kitchen