Wake Up Somewhere Special
TV with Sky Freesat
Equipment in West Drumchastle
TV with Sky Freesat, DVD player, CD player. Now has WIFI
Electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, cutlery, glass, china, utensils, pots and pans, serving dishing, tea towels.
Washer/dryer, iron and board, drying rack, clothes pegs.
Duvets, pillows, extra blankets, bed linen, towels, bath mat, hairdryer.
Vacuum cleaner, cleaning supplies including washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, all purpose cleaner etc.
Woodburning stove and storage heaters.
Sleeps 4 Bedrooms 2 Bathrooms 1
This very pretty small, stone holiday cottage with roses at the door has a dramatic panoramic view over the glen to Schiehallion and sits in a peaceful position on a rise a few hundred yards up a private road.
- The cottage is on one floor with 3 steps to the front door.
- The cosy sitting room/dining room looks south and west and has a sofa & easy chairs around a woodburning stove, together with dining table and chairs. There are plenty of books and puzzles.
- The double bedroom faces south to Schiehallion and has a standard double bed, chest of drawers and dressing table.
- The twin bedroom has two single beds, cupboards and dressing table.
- The galley-style kitchen is well equipped. It has a pulley for drying clothes, a washer/dryer and a dishwasher.
- The bathroom has a large bath with shower over.
- As with all the cottages, there is off-road parking adjacent to the cottage for two cars.
- The garden is well fenced but there are often sheep and pheasants in the vicinity.
- The cooking is by electricity and the heating by electric storage heaters and woodburner. Electricity is included in the rent.
"I have completely fallen in love with “My Mountain”. My first morning opening the curtains I saw it and the mist around it, it was amazing, Gods own painting that changes all the time. I would be quite happy just to sit and gaze on the beauty surrounding this cottage. My son had told me all about it but nothing could prepare me for such a beautiful place. It is a cosy cottage and just right for me with décor my taste, the roaring fire was a great. Can’t wait to come again. I am sorry to return home." from Visitors Book March 2015
The hills rise up behind the cottage to the heather moorland above so you can go for walks straight from the cottage. The garden is enclosed and there are roses climbing the walls of the cottage.
You can walk to the village from here (about 1 mile) mostly off road. It is ideal for a couple and/or two single people. Wildlife such as red squirrels and deer are often seen around the house.
A free fishing permit is included so you can fish for trout or pike on the river and, on Dunalastair Loch (a short distance away by car), where you can fish for trout only. Boat fishing only on the loch. See Fishing for details.