Wake Up Somewhere Special
TV with Sky Freesat
Equipment in Rose Cottage:
TV with Sky Freesat, DVD player, CD player. Now with WIFI
Electric cooker, Rayburn cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, kettle, toaster, cafetiere, cutlery, glass, china, utensils, pots and pans, serving dishing, tea towels.
Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and board, drying rack, clothes pegs.
Duvets, pillows, extra blankets, bed linen, towels, tea towels, bath mats, hairdryer.
Vacuum cleaner, basic cleaning supplies including washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, all purpose cleaner etc.
Wood burning stove and storage and panel heaters.
Sleeps 5 Bedrooms 3 Bathrooms 1
Standing in a peaceful spot with wonderful views to the south and west, this charming holiday home has a enclosed cottage garden filled with roses, mature trees and shrubs and lawn and is a mass of flowers in spring and summer. It is perfect for families or a cosy getaway for a couple.
- On the ground floor, the sitting room has a wood burning stove, sofas and easy chair, table lamps, TV and plenty of books and puzzles, and wifi. The window looks south to Schiehallion.
- The kitchen is fully equipped and, in addition to the electric cooker, an oil-fired Rayburn cooker makes the cottage very warm, especially for breaks in winter, spring and autumn. There is a dining table and chairs in the window.
- The bathroom has bath with shower over.
- Upstairs, the double bedroom has a kingsize bed and a window overlooking the garden facing west and a large velux looking towards Schiehallion.
- The twin bedroom has two single beds and a window facing east looking over the garden and a large velux looking towards Schiehallion.
- The single bedroom has a large velux window giving a view of Schiehallion.
- Heating is by oil-fired Rayburn, storage and panel heaters and wood stove. Electricity and oil included in the rent.
Roses and honeysuckle climb the walls and daffodils are in abundance in spring. You can take lovely walks through the birch woods and along a track behind the cottage to a pretty burn or directly to the hills beyond.
You can also walk down to Dunalastair Loch from the house, a 15 minute stroll. All kinds of interesting and rare wild birds and animals can be seen in the surrounding area. There is off-road parking adjacent to the cottage.
Our highlander x shorthorn cattle can sometimes be seen in the fields near the cottage but mostly live in our rougher pastures. They are attractive animals seen in the landscape together with the traditional Blackface sheep.
A free fishing permit is included so you can fish for trout or pike on the river and, on Dunalastair Loch (a short distance away by car), where you can fish for trout only. Boat fishing only on the loch.
See Fishing for details.
Roses at Rose Cottage
Visitors Book entry
Rayburn Rose Cott
Rose Cottage with flowers